Who are we?
DanseSport Québec is a non-profit organization created in 1972 and dedicated to the growth and development of the sport of dance. Furthermore, the federation is recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec as well as SPORTSQUÉBEC. DSQ (DanseSport Québec) is also a member of Canada DanceSport (CDS) who represents us at the world level via World DanceSport Federation (WDSF).
DanseSport Québec would like to make the sport of dance a way of life and an important sport activity in Quebec; an activity which would be available for people of all ages, recreational as well as competitive, and this throughout the Province of Québec.
DanseSport Québec will do its utmost to realize its vision. To achieve this goal, we intend to promote the sport of dance to the youth in Québec; offer our members an environment conducive to the practice of their passion; organize events related to dance sport of quality and integrity; represent and defend the interests of our members. DSQ firmly believes that the realization of its mission and the outcome of its vision begin with the application of the values and principals that are intrinsic to the practice of dance sport. DSQ makes sure that the following values are reflected in all its services and activities: respect for others, courtesy, integrity and mutual aide. A harmonious and transparent communication constitutes an indispensable condition to the respect of these values.
Season objectives 2017-2018
- Conceptualise and implement three high-level competitions
- The 2017 Canadian Open Championships, September 23, 2017
- The Super-Am 2018, February 3, 2017
- The 2018 Canadian Closed Championships, April 6 and 7, 2018
- Implement competitions to initiate youth to competition
- Answer all requests concerning the flexibility or reduction of academic workload via the sports study program (programme de Sport-études) within a reasonable delay
- Implement 10 awareness activities to dance sport via our « So…WE DANCE? » program.
- Improve and conceptualize new work tools for the « So…WE DANCE? » program during the season
- Implement an effective finance campaign for the « So…WE DANCE? » program as well as for the other DanseSport Québec activities with the help of SPORTSQUÉBEC’s Placements Sports program.
- Encourage an effective exchange and information network for its members
- Help and support its members in their search for financing for activities related to dance sport consistent with the proposed activities of WSDF or its local organizations.
- Preparation of resumes
- Help with the search for subsidies for high-level athletes
- Presentation of requests for subsidies for the organization
- Search for sponsors for the athletes and for the federation